Skip to main content

🌍 DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT (DRM) — FULL COURSE OUTLINE


SkillBridge Institute

DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT
Practical & Applied • World-Class Course

🎓 Course Level

Beginner to Intermediate (with advanced practical components)

🎯 Target Learners

  • Community leaders
  • NGO & development workers
  • Project managers
  • Local government staff
  • Students & job seekers
  • Disaster volunteers
  • Entrepreneurs in risk-prone areas

⏳ Course Duration

6–8 weeks (Flexible, self-paced)

🧭 Teaching Style

  • ✔ Real-world cases
  • ✔ Community-based examples
  • ✔ Practical assignments
  • ✔ Simple tools & templates
  • ✔ Simulations & scenarios
🌍 MODULE 1: Foundations of Disaster Risk Management

Goal: Build strong conceptual understanding using real examples.

Lessons:
• What Is a Disaster?
• Disaster Risk vs Hazard vs Vulnerability vs Capacity
• Types of Disasters (Natural, Human-induced, Biological & Health-related)
• Disaster Trends in Africa and the World
• Disaster Risk as a Development Issue

Practical Activity:
✓ Identify 5 common disasters in your community
✓ Simple risk mapping exercise

Join Module 1
📊 MODULE 2: Disaster Risk Assessment & Analysis

Goal: Identify and measure risks practically.

Lessons:
• Community Risk Assessment (CRA)
• Hazard Identification & Profiling
• Vulnerability Assessment
• Capacity Assessment
• Risk Ranking & Prioritization

Tools:
✓ Risk matrix
✓ Hazard mapping
✓ Vulnerability checklist

Assignment:
✓ Conduct a mini disaster risk assessment

Join Module 2
🛡️ MODULE 3: Disaster Risk Reduction Strategies

Goal: Shift focus from response to prevention.

Lessons:
• Structural vs Non-Structural DRR
• Climate Change & Disaster Risk
• Early Warning Systems
• Community-Based DRR
• Integrating DRR into Development

Exercise:
✓ Design a low-cost DRR plan

Join Module 3
📋 MODULE 4(PRACTICAL 1): Emergency Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) During Disasters

Goal: Prepare learners before disasters strike.

Lessons:
• Emergency Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) During Disasters
• Example: Emergency Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Emergency Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Template

Assignment:
✓ Develop a preparedness plan for a school, village, or business

Join Module 4
📋 MODULE 5: Disaster Preparedness & Planning

Goal: Prepare learners before disasters strike.

Lessons:
• Preparedness vs Response
• Contingency Planning
• Evacuation & Shelter Management
• Emergency Supplies & Logistics
• Roles of Government, NGOs & Communities

Assignment:
✓ Develop a preparedness plan for a school, village, or business

Join Module 5
🚑 MODULE 6: Disaster Response & Emergency Management

Goal: Teach emergency coordination skills.

Lessons:
• Disaster Response Cycle
• Emergency Operations Centers
• Search & Rescue Basics
• Emergency Health, WASH & Shelter
• Coordination & Communication

Simulation:
🔥 Real disaster scenario simulation

Join Module 6
🏗️ MODULE 7: Recovery, Rehabilitation & Resilience

Goal: Move from relief to long-term recovery.

Lessons:
• Early Recovery Planning
• Livelihood Recovery
• Build Back Better (BBB)
• Psychosocial Support
• Measuring Recovery Success

Task:
✓ Design a post-disaster recovery plan

Join Module 7
🏛️ MODULE 8 (PRACTICAL 2): Communication During Flooding

Goal: Understand communication during disaster.

Lessons:
• Principles of Crisis Communication During Flooding
• Setting Up WhatsApp Business as a Flood Communication Hub
• Automating Flood Response Logic with AutoResponder for WA

Exercise:
✓ Design an automated whatsapp system to be used in crisis

Join Module 8
🏛️ MODULE 9: Disaster Risk Governance & Policy

Goal: Understand systems, laws, and leadership.

Lessons:
• National & Local DRM Structures
• Roles of DRM Authorities
• Sendai Framework & SDGs
• Financing DRM
• Ethics & Accountability

Exercise:
✓ Map DRM stakeholders in your country

Join Module 9
💼 MODULE 10: Practical Skills & Career Pathways

Goal: Make the course job-ready.

Lessons:
• Careers in DRM
• DRM Skills for NGOs & Donors
• Proposal Writing
• Monitoring & Evaluation
• Technology in DRM (GIS, Mobile, AI basics)

Capstone Project:
🎓 Develop a complete DRM Plan for a real location

Join Module 10

📝 Assessment Structure

  • Quizzes – 20%
  • Practical assignments – 40%
  • Final DRM project – 40%

📜 Certificate Title

Certificate in Practical Disaster Risk Management
Issued by: SkillBridge Institute

Comments

  1. This is nice. After completion of this course, I will be gain valuable knowledge, skills pertaining disaster risk management as professional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am ready to attend

      Delete
    2. I can't miss this

      Delete
    3. I will try to be best I my self to attend the program

      Delete
  2. Very good, hope will be assisted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice development & am really ready to join the session & to fill all the 8 module.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patiently waiting for the course. Hope and ready to learn more on this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having knowledge is a success on it's own. It's my opportunity and I utilize it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, ( Joseph F Matembeza ) am more than ready to start this program

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a rare opportunity and I can't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great to be one of the world class practitioner in disaster risk management

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very important piece that is also very timely

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks,looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am so thankful for being part of it

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to start this course

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope this will let me know about disaster management

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that i will learn more

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm ready to join the session

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a blessing to be part of this training

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice one , I hope I will expand my skills as i have been doing this at council level but with limited information in this area

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is so nice, am really happy to gain new practical skills in dealing with disasters which are taking people's lives and destroying properties

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can’t wait am ready to learn

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is very good motivation and am ready to start together tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a disaster risk management graduate but I like continuous learning. Thanks for this course

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great ... I will attend it

    ReplyDelete
  25. It will be helpful for me

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am very much interested to get this staff

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy to be doing this course

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your are working 🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are working ✅

    ReplyDelete
  30. These guys have beautiful and strong certificates I bet

    ReplyDelete
  31. Its not by mistake to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i can't wait to have Certificate from skillbridge

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looking forward to learning!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for this development. I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very interesting, willing to learn more about DRR

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looking forward to aquire the knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  38. Well ,am very excited and waiting

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ready for the course

    ReplyDelete
  40. Pemphero F ChimbongaAugust 19, 2026 at 9:56 AM

    Tomorrow I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  41. can't wait to be upgraded in the knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  42. The content and concepts are pivotal for my position.
    I am ready to start this best course and I appreciate your precious support and time

    ReplyDelete
  43. Am ready to start

    ReplyDelete
  44. Waiting patiently for the day to start the course.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Am ready to start

    ReplyDelete
  46. Am ready to acquire the knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  47. The course outline is quite good. I will be able to manage any DRM Project.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Waiting for the date and am ready

    ReplyDelete
  49. That's a great development, proud to be part of it

    ReplyDelete
  50. Getting ready for it

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm glad to join this learning process...

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for the training and we are ready

    ReplyDelete
  53. Iam ready for the course

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am ready for the training

    ReplyDelete
  55. Very ready to learn

    ReplyDelete
  56. I can't wait to participate in this course.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Just so much existed to be part of the group

    ReplyDelete
  58. I can't wait to attend this course

    ReplyDelete
  59. Ready to participate!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Very ready to participate

    ReplyDelete
  61. I'm ready to for the training..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  62. Happy to be part of the team

    ReplyDelete
  63. Can you confirm to say it's a free course without afee.,as I am in dilema of cash but I am interested to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Waiting pentiently

    ReplyDelete
  65. Happy to be part of this journey...

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thanks this my Lucky i can't miss it

    ReplyDelete
  67. Am ready for the training

    ReplyDelete
  68. Am ready for training

    ReplyDelete
  69. Am ready for this opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  70. The course looks so good and lovely, onto that I just want to understand the difference between an accedent and disaster looking for fpr un example given on lesson 3, hwere you were talking about the types of disaster andon your example you said of someone is working in an industrial estate and get hurts by machine that you said it's kind of man made disaster. There I want more clarification to distinguish an accedent and disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  71. These mission it's good to go with

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment